Teacher Job Description 11-04-2019
WHAT DO TEACHERS DO?
HOW MUCH DO TEACHERS MAKE?
WHAT ARE THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS?
Depending on state laws, preschool teachers may only need a high school diploma and certification or a college degree.
For elementary through high school teachers, you must have a bachelor’s degree in education. Some states require teachers to have a degree in a specific area, such as english or history. In some instances, a master’s degree is required. In addition, teachers must be licensed by the state, also known as state certification. Teachers in private schools may not need state certification.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Communication Skills: You must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students’ attention
- Writing Skills: Teachers write progress reports, notes home, and in the case of postsecondary teachers, publish research. Writing skills are critical.
- Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help teachers deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
- Creativity: Teachers have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.